How to Get Rid of Earwigs in the House?
Earwigs are unsightly, confused insects and are usually regarded as nuisance pests. It’s a widely held belief that these insects will dig into people’s ears to lay eggs. This narrative may have given rise to the earwig’s name. However, it is far from the truth. Some earwig species can cause substantial plant damage, while others can cause slight discomfort and scratches when they pinch, but they serve helpful duties.
It is advised that you leave earwigs alone if there aren’t a lot of them. But if they’re causing problems in your house or garden, then seek professional removal. Once you’ve determined that you’re working with earwigs, it’s important to address the various underlying causes of the problem. Using chemicals to control earwigs is rarely the right option.
How to Get Rid of Earwigs?
There are both natural and chemical ways for getting rid of or killing pincher bugs in the house and yard. Here are a few cures for earwigs that are prevalent in the United States:
- Vacuuming – For those troublesome earwigs in the house and yard, vacuuming up any earwigs you come over is a safe and easy eradication procedure. To avoid additional earwig population growth, look for any traces of earwig eggs. After usage, discard the vacuum bag or pour it into the bucket of soapy water to destroy any earwigs.
- Dish wash and liquid– Combine dish soap and water and spray down locations where you’ve discovered earwigs crawling.
- Rubbing alcohol and water– combine using alcohol and water to spritz at earwigs on the spot. This procedure may be used to destroy earwigs quickly.
- Boric acid powder– Available at most hardware shops, boric acid is a remedy that can access hard-to-reach regions to kill earwigs that lurk nearby.
- Light traps– When scurrying around at night, earwigs are drawn to bright lights. Fill a small bucket with the dish soap and water technique described above. To attract and destroy adjacent earwigs, shine a strong light into the bucket and leave it out.
- Traps made of olive oil and soy sauce– Mix olive oil and soy sauce in a small jar and place it near where earwigs have been detected. Earwigs will be drawn to the odor and will fall into the liquid, where they will perish.
- Pesticide for earwigs– Buy a pesticide to spray in places where earwigs have been spotted. Sevin, malathion, pyrethrins, and aluminosilicates are among the insecticides that will be useful against earwigs. Outside residence, these approaches are very efficient against earwigs.
You may come across a single earwig in your house or yard from time to time, but how can you tell whether you have a severe earwig problem? Fortunately, serious earwig infestations are unlikely inside, and if you see earwigs in your yard, they’re performing crucial jobs like breaking down organic substances and improving the soil for your crops, as well as consuming plant-damaging nuisance bugs. If your plants are being harmed, it might be due to earwigs, but it could also be something else. You’ll have to look into it.
ORANGE COUNTY PEST CONTROL
Welcome to the website of the last pest, termite, and rodent company you’ll ever need again. We’re homeowners, parents, and pet owners that strive to live up to our motto Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence. We are a full service OC Pest Control Company that believes in exceeding our customer’s expectations.
We offer our Contracting Services throughout many Southern California Counties and Cities:
- Orange County contract services
- Anaheim contract services
- Westminster contract services
- Fountain Valley contract services
- Irvine contract services
- Cypress contract services
- Garden Grove contract services
- Fullerton contract services
- Huntington Beach contract services
- Newport Beach contract services
- Costa Mesa contract services
- Seal Beach contract services
17150 Newhope #904 Fountain Valley, CA 92708 • Phone: (714) 486-2637 • Fax: (714) 274-9867 • Email: info@
preferredpestcontroloc.com htt p://preferredpestcontroloc. com/
Preferred Pest Control is proud to serve Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, and other surrounding Orange County communities with world-class pest control services. Let us know how we can help, and we’ll be in touch shortly with your free quote.
We accept all major credit cards!