Why do Beetles Enter Homes in Orange County?- Preferred Pest Control
Household pests are similar to humans in certain respects. They require a consistent source of food, which is often difficult to come by during winter. When the weather becomes cold, they rush to locate any warm refuge they can find.
As pest control experts, we definitely observe an increase in infestations throughout the winter, and it’s easy to see why. That’s why we’ve compiled a list of techniques you can employ to keep beetles out of your home. We have also listed some actions you can take if necessary. Some beetles are long and thin, such as click beetles. Lady beetles and June beetles, for example, have an oval or rounded form. All beetles are different.
Why do Beetles Enter Home?
Carpet beetles are attracted to your house because it is warm and cozy, and it has a source of food. When they are indoors, they will mostly feast on animal protein such as feathers, furs, silk, wool, and carpets. They are primarily drawn to the food, oil, and sweat on these objects. They may also consume grain-based foods or dry dairy products. Because the larvae are drawn to seeds and pet food, reproducing females will place their eggs in regions near your kitchen or pantry. We’re confident you don’t want beetles in your meal or anywhere near you.
They are tiny enough to enter your house through damaged screens, windows, microscopic cracks, and gaps in pillars and walls. They feature wings and can fly, which makes it much simpler for them to travel about and inside your home. They can reside in the nests of other animals within walls or chimneys. You’d see them in furniture, clothing, beds, and carpets if you could see them. If you discover holes in these objects, you may have an infestation.
Carpet beetles reproduce quickly, and an infestation can occur quickly. Long before you discover you have an infestation, a lot of harm may happen.
How to Keep Beetles Out of Home?
Infestations in Orange County are not always simple to deal with, especially for inexperienced technicians. Common home pests are excellent at scavenging for food, require little energy to survive, and reproduce rapidly.
Your best option is to keep them from getting inside in the first place. Here are a few pointers:
- Seal Off Entrances: Beetles often enter homes by squeezing into tiny gaps in your walls, or by crawling beneath doors that do not completely seal it against the floor. Keep an eye out for any issues that require maintenance and solve them as soon as possible by gluing or otherwise closing any prospective sources of the entrance you detect.
- Clean your home: Even the smallest bugs have incredible senses of smell. Beetles can quickly identify food and waste aromas. In fact, to them, those odors are frequently the same. You may make your home less tempting to unwanted guests by maintaining your floors and counters clear of food remnants and frequently vacuuming carpets around the house.
- Secure Garbage Bins: To keep beetles out of your home in Orange County, make sure you take out the garbage every day– and that your outdoor bins have tight, latching lids.
Contact a Professional
If the beetles’ larvae are too much for you to clean, it is time to call in professional help. You can contact Preferred Pest Control in Orange County CA. Our team has the right experience and equipment to rid your home of these bugs and keep your home clean and safe.
ORANGE COUNTY PEST CONTROL
Welcome to the website of the last pest, termite, and rodent company you’ll ever need again. We’re homeowners, parents, and pet owners that strive to live up to our motto Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence. We are a full service OC Pest Control Company that believes in exceeding our customer’s expectations.
We offer our Contracting Services throughout many Southern California Counties and Cities:
- Orange County contract services
- Anaheim contract services
- Westminster contract services
- Fountain Valley contract services
- Irvine contract services
- Cypress contract services
- Garden Grove contract services
- Fullerton contract services
- Huntington Beach contract services
- Newport Beach contract services
- Costa Mesa contract services
- Seal Beach contract services
17150 Newhope #904 Fountain Valley, CA 92708 • Phone: (714) 486-2637 • Fax: (714) 274-9867 • Email: info@
preferredpestcontroloc.com htt p://preferredpestcontroloc. com/
Preferred Pest Control is proud to serve Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, and other surrounding Orange County communities with world-class pest control services. Let us know how we can help, and we’ll be in touch shortly with your free quote.
We accept all major credit cards!