Treating Termite Infestation in New Construction
Treating termites before construction starts can help you defend against possible claims in the future as they frequently dwell where there is a high concentration of moisture and dampness. In old houses, these are frequent problems because they tend to live in obstructed or blocked water supply and sewerage pipes. Several projects’ construction specifications require protection for termites in their finishing, and several others request a termite-free environment.
Termite treatment in pre-construction stages includes several procedures that must be done to ensure an area of termite-free construction. Treating the soil before any slab placement with insecticides is the most common method of termite treatment. It will form a chemical barrier between the ground slab and masonry that will prevent the insects from approaching the building. The chemical treatment can be done as follows:
- Treat the bottom and sides of an excavation with chemical products prior to the onset of foundation work.
- Make holes in the earth and fill them with chemical products where slabs on grade will be built.
- Use chemicals where walls and floors intersect.
- Treat the perimeter of the construction by making holes filled with chemicals surrounding structure.
- Fill an area with chemical products in pipe buddings to secure the future of the piping
- Use specific anti-termite chemicals to treat the portion of the buildings were wooden products such as cabinets, doors, and others will be placed.
We cannot always take measures during pre-construction, but there will be means to react and catch up with a different approach.
Start with an assessment of the entire area. Determine the extent of the damage (if any), the location of the termites, access points to the structure, and their spread in the area. The following tips should be kept in mind:
- As in the pre-construction process, make holes and fill them with chemicals to create a barrier around the house.
- Treat the floors and walls by drilling holes and filling them with chemicals. All walls or the vast majority should be treated to ensure that no more spreading will continue.
- Apply chemicals on all points of contact of wood with the ground or with any part of the building.
- Also, treat any voids in masonry with anti-termite treatment.
- Change and replace wood products or furniture that have high impact and presence of termites, beyond any limit of reparation.
When all measurements have been taken, perform these simple steps to ensure that your area keeps free of termites.
- Keep drains and gutters clean to avoid leakage. Make sure that there are no blocked lines, no filtration, nor broken pipes with excess moisture around them.
- Eliminate all sources of moisture. Do not leave unattended areas where there is a high concentration of humidity. Clean those areas periodically.
- Apply chemicals as soon as you detect areas where termites are congregating.
- Remove wood products that have had the presence of moisture or have been in contact with water for a prolonged time.
- Eliminate wood contact with the ground
- Do not bury direct pieces of wood in the ground for any use.
- Fill junctions or voids.
ORANGE COUNTY PEST CONTROL
Welcome to the website of the last pest, termite, and rodent company you’ll ever need again. We’re homeowners, parents, and pet owners that strive to live up to our motto Honesty, Integrity, and Excellence. We are a full service OC Pest Control Company that believes in exceeding our customer’s expectations.
We offer our Contracting Services throughout many Southern California Counties and Cities:
- Orange County contract services
- Anaheim contract services
- Westminster contract services
- Fountain Valley contract services
- Irvine contract services
- Cypress contract services
- Garden Grove contract services
- Fullerton contract services
- Huntington Beach contract services
- Newport Beach contract services
- Costa Mesa contract services
- Seal Beach contract services
Preferred Pest Control is proud to serve Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, and other surrounding Orange County communities with world-class pest control services. Let us know how we can help, and we’ll be in touch shortly with your free quote.
We accept all major credit cards!