- May 10
How To Get Rid Of A Silverfish Infestation
We know they can be really annoying, so we’ve shared some tips on how to get rid of that silverfish infestation!
No, they don’t bite, but you can’t have them as pets either. Although silverfish may look quite creepy, they do not pose much danger to humans in terms of health. Nonetheless, they are far from friendly. In fact, the holes and yellow stains that tend to develop on your books and notes are all the doings of silverfish infestation. Now, don’t you just want to get rid of these pesky little creatures? Continue reading to know how.
Table Of Contents
- What Are Silverfish?
- How Do Silverfish Affect Humans?
- Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Silverfish
- Prevention Tips
What Are Silverfish?
Silverfish are small insects that do not have wings. They belong to the order Zygentoma and are named so because of their silvery gray color and fish-like movement.
How Do Silverfish Affect Humans?
Silverfish do not bite or cause diseases in humans, and hence, are not much of a threat. However, they can damage papers, articles of clothing, books, food in pantries, and even wallpapers. If you notice small holes in your books or clothing, along with a yellow staining, more or less, it is a sign that your house has been infested by silverfish.
Silverfish usually reside in warm, dark, and damp places like the bathroom, sink, or garages.
If you notice silverfish infestation in your house, you may either contact pest control or try and get rid of the little beings yourself by following any of the home remedies given below.
Home Remedies To Get Rid Of Silverfish
- Essential oils
- Boric Acid
- Diatomaceous Earth
- Epsom Salts
- Lemon Spray
- Oatmeal Trap
- Fix the damp spots in your homes that may be the perfect spots for silverfish to breed.
- Keep away anything that may look inviting to silverfish. Store papers, book bindings, and glues in plastic bins.
- Vacuum all the cracks and crevices in your home.
- Use insect repellents or bug sprays in cracks and corners for further protection.
We offer our Contracting Services throughout many Southern California Counties and Cities:
- Orange County contract services
- Anaheim contract services
- Westminster contract services
- Fountain Valley contract services
- Irvine contract services
- Cypress contract services
- Garden Grove contract services
- Fullerton contract services
- Huntington Beach contract services
- Newport Beach contract services
- Costa Mesa contract services
- Seal Beach contract services
Our Contact Information:
Address: 17150 Newhope #904 Fountain Valley, CA 92708
Phone: (714) 486-2637
Fax: (714) 274-9867
Preferred Pest Control is proud to serve Fountain Valley, Huntington Beach, Costa Mesa, and other surrounding Orange County communities with world-class pest control services. Let us know how we can help, and we’ll be in touch shortly with your free quote.
We accept all major credit cards!